Effective Date: June 19, 2017
Sinn Studio Inc. (“the Company”, “We”, “Us”) is a virtual reality production and development studio based in Toronto, Canada. Our primary focus is interactive virtual reality content but we’re also involved in the production and development of live-action virtual reality content, stand-alone experiences and more.
By viewing or using our products, you consent to the practices described in these Terms of Service.
If you have questions about the Terms of Service, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
BY ACCEPTING THESE TERMS OF SERVICE OR USING OUR PRODUCTS AND/OR SERVICES, YOU UNDERSTAND THAT THIS IS A LEGALLY BINDING INSTRUMENT AND AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS HEREIN. PLEASE READ THESE TERMS OF SERVICE IN THEIR ENTIRETY. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE TERMS OF SERVICE, DO NOT ACCESS OR USE OUR PRODUCTS AND/OR SERVICES. THESE TERMS OF SERVICE CONTAIN IMPORTANT TERMS AND CONDITIONS THAT AFFECT YOU AND YOUR USE OF OUR PRODUCTS AND/OR SERVICES.
IN ADDITION, CERTAIN TERMS AND CONDITIONS MAY BE APPLICABLE TO USERS THAT RESIDE OUTSIDE OF CANADA.
YOU CERTIFY THAT YOU ARE OF THE LEGAL AGE OF MAJORITY IN THE JURISDICTION IN WHICH YOU RESIDE OR, IF YOU ARE BETWEEN THE AGES OF 13 AND THE LEGAL AGE OF MAJORITY, THAT YOU ARE USING OUR PRODUCTS AND/OR SERVICES WITH THE SUPERVISION OF YOUR PARENT OR LEGAL GUARDIAN WHO AGREES TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS OF SERVICE.
MAKE SURE TO REVIEW THESE TERMS OF SERVICE WITH YOUR PARENT OR GUARDIAN SO THAT YOU BOTH UNDERSTAND ALL OF YOUR RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS.
Article 1 – Eligibility; Use of Products and/or Services
Article 2 – Equipment; Software, Hardware and Updates
- Our products are intended solely for users who are 13 or older. The use of virtual reality products, services and/or equipment is not recommended for those under the age of 13 for both safety and health reasons. Sinn Studio Inc. is not responsible for any ineligible use of products and/or services provided by the Company or the platforms through which you use said products and/or services. The use of our products by anyone under the age of 13 is unauthorized, unlicensed and in violation of these terms.
- You may be banned from using any of our products and/or services without a warning, notice or explanation if Sinn Studio Inc. so chooses. This will always be for a legitimate cause, including but not limited to: cheating or hacking, abusing other players or the products and/or services, discrimination, hate speech and more.
Article 3 – Your Use of the Services and Content
- Certain equipment and software may be required to access and use our products and/or services. Please do your research prior to purchasing or accessing any of our products and/or services to ensure a capable experience. By purchasing or accessing any of our products and/or services, you agree to have already ensured your ability to both access and successfully participate, without user-end problems, in our apps, games, experiences or other products and/or services. Refunds will never be issued for an inability to run our content on your devices as you are obligated to ensure the working and up-to-date condition of your devices prior to purchasing our content.
- We reserve the right, in our sole discretion and where technically feasible, to disable your access to or ability to use our products and/or services that we believe present a health and safety risk or violate community standards, agreements, laws, regulations or policies. We will not incur any liability or responsibility if we choose to remove, disable, or delete such access or ability to use any or all portion(s) of the products and/or services.
- We may need to update some of the Company’s content you obtain from time to time with bug fixes, patches, enhanced features, missing plug-ins and new versions. By using our products and/or services, you agree to receive such updates.
Article 4 – Purchasing Products and/or Services
- By using any of our products and/or services, we hereby grant you a limited, nonexclusive, non-sublicensable license to access, install and use said products and/or services solely for personal and noncommercial purposes, conditioned on your compliance with these Terms.
- You may use footage captured within and of our products and/or services for presentation both online and in the real-world. To clarify, you may stream this content online, upload videos related to it directly or indirectly and furthermore. This content may be monetized and we will not ask for any compensation for its use, but it cannot be sold commercially in itself or in parts in any way (this includes all materials found therein).
- We may offer free trials or other limited versions of our products and/or services; in these cases, all terms and conditions herein apply in addition to terms agreed to in writing prior to receiving said copies of our products and/or services, or in a terms and conditions outline specific to said copy or copies of them.
- You may be charged by your network provider for data services or any other third party charges as may arise while using our products and/or services. This is common in your use of any multiplayer-able content or when accessing such content. You are fully responsible for any charges you may receive from your network provider when using our products and/or services.
Article 5 – Acceptable Use
- You may only purchase our products and/or services for your personal use or to give as a gift unless otherwise permitted in these Terms. You may not purchase our products and/or services for commercial use or resale.
- You may be asked for your address and billing information when purchasing from or sending payments directly to Sinn Studio Inc. and not a third party platform or distributor.
- You must ensure that any information you provide us with during or after the purchase of our products and/or services is entirely accurate and up-to-date.
- Nothing in these Terms shall affect your statutory rights to reject digital goods that, when received by you, do not function as advertised or are defective in any way.
- When accessing our products and/or services, purchasing directly from or sending payments to Sinn Studio Inc., you may receive confirmation and/or update emails regarding your involvement, payments or otherwise relevant information.
- In advance of a new product and/or service launch, it may be possible to place pre-orders. Pre-orders will be publicly available to any consumer, world-wide who is capable of using our content. Not all of our content is available for pre-order prior to its official release.
- We attempt to be as accurate and as reliable as possible with our content but it is possible that bugs or errors can appear in any of it. You acknowledge that we cannot guarantee perfection; however, we will work on fixing any issues that may arise.
- By accessing or using our products and/or services, you agree that you will not: 1) access or use the products and/or services in any manner that could interfere with, disrupt, negatively affect or inhibit anyone from fully enjoying the products and/or services, 2) damage, disable, overburden or impair the functionality of the products and/or services in any manner, 3) access or use the products and/or services for any illegal or unauthorized purpose or engage in, encourage or promote any illegal activity, or any activity that violates these Terms, community standards or any other terms or policies provided in connection with the products and/or services, 4) use or attempt to use another user’s account without authorization from said user, 5) modify, adapt, hack or emulate the products and/or services, 6) circumvent or attempt to circumvent any filtering, security measures or other features designed to protect the products and/or services or 7) infringe upon or violate the rights of Sinn Studio Inc., our users or any third party.
- No user may use any content produced or developed by Sinn Studio Inc. that is not free without paying for it unless it has been gifted or is being accessed on an authorized user’s system or device. Cracked, modified or copied versions of our content is considered the distribution or use of illegally obtained items and is against the law. Regardless of local law, you are bound to these Terms and any violation of them can result in consequences including, but not limited to: legal action against the violator or a permanent ban from using our products and/or services.
Article 7 – Ratings
- Your purchase and use of third party content may be subject to additional terms, including but not limited to third-party end user agreements and privacy policies. We encourage you to review any third-party agreements and policies carefully before accessing, downloading or using third-party content.
Article 8 – Ownership and Intellectual Property
- All of our products and/or services receive content ratings and each is applicable to its respective project. You hereby acknowledge the rating that any given product has been assigned and that you meet the criteria to access and use the product and/or service. This may include, but is not limited to: Age.
Article 9 – Feedback
- Unless otherwise specified, the products and/or services are the property of Sinn Studio Inc. or our licensors and are protected by copyright, trademark and other laws of Canada and foreign countries. You will not remove, alter or obscure any copyright, trademark, service mark or other proprietary rights notices incorporated in or accompanying the products and/or services.
- Any use of our products and/or services on the internet must accurately reference the Company, Sinn Studio Inc., in captions, descriptions or where otherwise possible. This includes gameplay or footage recorded within or in use of our products and/or services.
Article 10 – Copyright Complaints
- Separate and apart from user content, you may submit questions, comments, suggestions, ideas, plans, notes, drawing, original or creative materials or other information about Sinn Studio Inc. or our products and/or services to email@example.com directly.
Article 11 – Limitation of Liability
- In accordance with the Digital Millennium Act (“DMCA”) and other applicable laws, we have adopted a policy of terminating, in appropriate circumstances and in our sole discretion, accounts of users who are deemed to be repeat infringers. We may also, in our sole discretion, limit access to the products and/or services and/or terminate the accounts of any users who infringe any intellectual property rights of others, whether or not there is any repeat infringement.
- If you believe that anything on or available through our products and/or services infringes upon any copyright which you own or control, you may file a notification of such infringement by sending us an email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Article 12 – Dispute Resolution
- The Sinn Studio Inc. parties shall have no liability for any consequential, special, punitive, direct or incidental damages, arising from or related to your use or inability to use our products and/or services, even if a Sinn Studio Inc. party has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
- You and Sinn Studio Inc. agree to waive any right to a jury trial, or the right to have any dispute resolved in any court, and instead accept the use of binding arbitration (which is the referral of a dispute to one or more impartial persons for a final and binding determination); provided, however, that you have the right to litigate any dispute in small claims court, if all the requirements of the small claims court, including any limitations on jurisdiction and the amount at issue in the dispute, are satisfied.