About the job
We are looking for a creative team-oriented person to assist us in building out the future of virtual play. As the game designer, you will influence our gameplay systems and determine improvement opportunities. Our team is currently remote but will switch to a hybrid office. This is a one-year contract with a possibility of a full-time role.
- Developing the storyline, character back-stories, including any relevant research
- Conceptualize, implement, and maintain gameplay systems that achieve a fulfilling flow state, enjoyable gameplay loops, and a risk / reward balance
- Conceptualize, pitch, and iterate on designs with the dev team
- Work alongside the design team to ensure a coordinated gameplay experience
- Continuously iterate on game systems and mechanics to find user enjoyment based on user feedback and analytics
- Participate in collaborative design ideation sessions with directors / producers
- 3+ years of work experience designing games
- Experience on at least one shipped title
- Strong English communication skills (written and verbal)
- Understanding of gaming culture and expectations
- Experience with VR is a bonus
Why Sinn Studio
Passionate founders and dedicated team members. Our vision is to create visceral experiences in virtual reality; we want our community to live through experiences that they never thought possible. We’re constantly looking to innovate, so we actively encourage our team members to experiment, regardless of the result. As much as we enjoy the industry and indulge in it, we’ve cultivated a well-balanced work culture where we hang out and chat about topics outside of work during downtimes. More importantly, since we’re gamers, we game together frequently.
This position is an excellent opportunity to get in early with an industry-proven start-up.